Open-source software is becoming increasingly popular worldwide, with individuals, government organizations, and sectors from transportation to space exploration utilizing free open-source technology. The expansion of uses for open source in the corporate world is changing conventional Information and Communication Technology (ICT) job categories by increasing the demand for Linux expertise.
Linux is already running on 100% of the world’s top 500 supercomputers in 2021, as well as 96.3% of the world’s top 1 million servers. Furthermore, 23 out of the top 25 websites are powered by Linux, as are 90% of all cloud infrastructure. The same may be said for many national and international banks, businesses, governments, and military departments. In 2019, 36.7% of all websites ran Linux; 54.1 percent of professional developers used Linux as a platform. It’s worth noting that 36.7% of all websites run Linux, while 54.1 percent of experienced developers do so.
The Linux Essentials certification is a fantastic way to demonstrate your understanding of Linux and confirm that you have the skills required for an entry-level IT profession. The certification covers a wide range of issues, including system administration, networking, and security. Earning this certificate may help you land several job responsibilities such as system administrator, network administrator, and security analyst. The value of the Linux Essentials certificate is indisputable!
Alongside MyComputerCareer, you may profit from all of the advantages that Linux certifications can provide. To put you on the fast track, we provide training for both fundamental and expert IT certificates, as well as Linux Essentials.
What Is The Linux Essentials Certification?
Linux Essentials is the first certification in the Linux Professional Institute’s (LPI) multi-level Linux professional certification program. The Linux Essentials exam (010-160) is designed for people who want to demonstrate basic Linux knowledge and skills.
To pass this exam, you will need to know about the Linux operating system, how to use the command line, navigate directories, and manipulate files. You will also need to be familiar with essential concepts like networking, security, and system administration.
It’s important to keep in mind that there are no educational or experience prerequisites needed to take this particular exam and earn the appropriate Linux Essentials certification. And once made, this certification is valid for life, unlike other Information Technology certs that will expire after a predefined period of time – typically three years.
By earning this certificate, candidates will prove they have basic Linux skills and knowledge, which could give them an edge when looking for a job in the IT field or seeking to advance their careers. Typical job posts that benefit from the Linux Essentials certification include Systems or Server Administration, Network Engineering, or Web Development, among others.
You must first create an LPI ID and register with LPI to access the resources. There is no cost to register, and the procedure should not take more than a few minutes.
The Linux Essentials 010-160 Exam Format
Basic information regarding the 010-160 exam include:
- The LPI Linux Essentials 010-160 exam contains 40 questions.
- The LPI Linux Essentials 010-160 exam time duration to complete is 60 minutes.
- The exam consists of multiple-choice and fill-in-the-blank questions.
- The exam is available in the English, German, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Dutch languages.
The Linux Essentials Exam Objectives
The exam is divided into five major topics that will be assessed in the exam. These include the following:
Topic 1: The Linux Community and a Career in Open Source
- 1.1 Linux Evolution and Popular Operating Systems
- 1.2 Major Open Source Applications
- 1.3 Open Source Software and Licensing
- 1.4 ICT Skills and Working in Linux
Topic 2: Finding Your Way on a Linux System
- 2.1 Command Line Basics
- 2.2 Using the Command Line to Get Help
- 2.3 Using Directories and Listing Files
- 2.4 Creating, Moving, and Deleting Files
Topic 3: The Power of the Command Line
- 3.1 Archiving Files on the Command Line
- 3.2 Searching and Extracting Data from Files
- 3.3 Turning Commands into a Script
Topic 4: The Linux Operating System
- 4.1 Choosing an Operating System
- 4.2 Understanding Computer Hardware
- 4.3 Where Data is Stored
- 4.4 Your Computer on the Network
Topic 5: Security and File Permissions
- 5.1 Basic Security and Identifying User Types
- 5.2 Creating Users and Groups
- 5.3 Managing File Permissions and Ownership
- 5.4 Special Directories and Files
What Do You Need to Pass the Linux Essentials Exam?
To pass the Linux Essentials exam, candidates will need to prove knowledge in the following areas:
- You must have a thorough knowledge of the Linux and open source business and some experience with the most popular open-source applications.
- An understanding of the fundamental components of the Linux operating system, as well as technical expertise to operate on the Linux command line.
- You must have a basic understanding of security and administration topics such as user/group management, working from the command line, and permissions.
Additionally, candidates also need to have Linux Essentials 010-160 Exam Dumps to help them pass this exam. So, candidates must have Linux Essentials 010-160 dumps to prepare for the Linux Essentials exam and secure a high score on it.
We recommend using Linux Essentials 010-160 Practice Test Software to help you assess your current knowledge level, identify your strengths, and weaknesses so that you can work more efficiently in these areas during the preparation process. The Linux Essentials practice test software comes with many features like customizable tests according to different learning modes such as study mode or certification mode, detailed performance reports after each attempt are available to track progress over time, and much more!
Passing the Linux Essentials exam will ensure that candidates will be able to demonstrate Linux knowledge. The Linux Essentials 010-160 Certification Exam is a great way to showcase your Linux skills and expertise. The Linux Essentials exam can open the door for many career opportunities in the world of Linux and other areas such as systems or server administration, network engineering, or web development.
MyComputerCareer is an educational organization specifically dedicated to helping candidates across the United States earn top certifications in Information Technology. Alongside Linux Essentials, MyComputerCareer also provides certification preparation courses for other leading organizations such as CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft, and the EC-Council. For more information, contact us today!