LAST MODIFIED: January 23, 2023
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
MyComputerCareer will NEVER SHARE, SELL, OR TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AS DEFINED ABOVE WITH ANY THIRD PARTY EXCEPT AS INDICATED BELOW. Postal mail, email, and/or telephone lists of Company site visitors, leads, prospects, and customers/students are never offered for sale or rent to third party marketers. The information that you submit to us remains your property. By registering with us, you grant us the right to use such information for marketing purposes and to enhance your experience with the Company in our efforts to meet your relevant needs.
The Company may use such information to:
- Directly communicate certain offers to you via e-mail, telephone, direct mail, mobile telephone text messaging (including, without limitation, SMS and/or MMS) and other methods.
- Monitor compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
- Content improvement and feedback purposes.
- Use your Personal Information for customer service.
- Provide you with information that you may request or information regarding new services or promotions available at our Website.
- Customize your experience on the Website and/or to contact you when necessary in connection with transactions entered into by you on the Website and/or with the company directly.
- We may also use your Personal Information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our business.
- We may also combine the information we have gathered about you with information from other sources.
- We may use third parties to help us operate our business and the Website or to administer activities on our behalf.
In addition, by registering at the Website, you agree that such act constitutes an inquiry and/or application for purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule (16 CFR § 310 et seq.), as amended from time to time (the “ATSR”) and applicable state do-not-call regulations. Notwithstanding that your telephone number may be listed on the Federal Trade Commission’s Do-Not-Call List, and/or on applicable state do-not-call lists, we retain the right to contact you via telemarketing in accordance with the ATSR and the applicable state do-not-call regulations.
NOTE: All inbound and outbound telephone communications with MyComputerCareer that occur between an individual (site user, customer, student, etc.) and a live company representative through the company’s regularly constituted telephony systems may be recorded for quality and training purposes. In proceeding to “submit” you agree that your telephone conversations as described may be recorded.
You also agree to receive marketing promotions and other solicitations from this Website and the Company based on the information you provide on this Website, and expressly agree to be contacted by this Website or the Company through direct mail, phone, pre-recorded message, SMS text and/or email per the conditions stated above.
HOW WE USE DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION & AGGREGATE DATA
YOUR IP ADDRESS
Each time that you visit the Website, our web server automatically recognizes your IP address and the web page from which you came. Your IP address is used to help identify you and to gather relevant broad demographic information about you. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer the Website and to better serve you in using the services and other features contained within the Website.
COOKIES & ACTION TAGS
When a user provides an e-mail address during registration at the Website, we may assign an identification number to that e-mail address and deploy a cookie to the applicable user’s PC. Whenever that user comes back to the Website using the same PC, the cookie allows the Website to identify the user and to recall the user’s e-mail address. Other registration information provided by a user during registration (such as name, address, etc.), may be stored along with the user’s e-mail address, in our user database.
We may use the information stored in our database to:
- Effectuate the purpose or transaction for which the information was originally provided by a user.
- Pre-populate information fields in the event a user wishes to purchase products and/or services or sign up for and/or subscribe to services, Promotions or other offers in the future.
- Ensure that a user will not be repeatedly exposed to the same advertisements, offers and/or Promotions while visiting the Website; and/or to, in connection with regular communication with a user, include offers, Promotions or advertisements that were historically, or are likely to be, of interest to that user.
- We may use action tags to count the number of times that visitors click on a particular banner ad or visit the pages of the Website and to provide information about what products are viewed or purchased.
- We reserve the right to retain this cookie and action tag data indefinitely. At no time will we share cookie-related, action-tag-related and/or generated information or data with third parties.
We endeavor to safeguard and protect our users’ Personal Information. When users submit Personal Information at the Website, their Personal Information is protected both online and offline (to the extent that we maintain any Personal Information offline). The privacy of your Personal Information is very important to us. When our registration process asks users to submit sensitive Personal Information, and when we transmit such sensitive information, that information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software. Access to your Personal Information is strictly limited, and we take reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is not accessible to the public. The servers that we store Personal Information in are kept in a secure physical environment.
We also have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of Personal Information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we take every reasonable precaution available to protect your data, no storage facility, technology, software, security protocols or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Computer hackers that circumvent our security measures may gain access to certain portions of your Personal Information, and technological bugs, errors and glitches may cause inadvertent disclosures of your Personal Information; provided, however, that any attempt to breach the security of the network, our servers, databases or other hardware or software constitutes a crime punishable by law.
For the reasons mentioned above, we cannot warrant that your Personal Information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through our Website is at your own risk. All of our users’ Personal Information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the Personal Information to perform a specific job are granted access to Personal Information.
Our employees are dedicated to ensuring the security and privacy of all user Personal Information. Employees not adhering to our firm policies are subject to disciplinary action. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, we shall notify you and any applicable regulatory agencies in the event that we learn of an information security breach with respect to your Personal Information. You will be notified via e-mail in the event of such a breach. Please be advised that notice may be delayed in order to address the needs of law enforcement, determine the scope of network damage, and to engage in remedial measures.
Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) are not permitted to register for or participate in any of the Promotions that we offer. No information should be submitted to, or posted at the Website by individuals under the age of eighteen (18) without the prior consent of their parent or guardian. Notwithstanding the foregoing, children thirteen (13) years of age and younger are not permitted to access the Website and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from such children. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
REMOVAL OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION/OPTING OUT
Users may unsubscribe from receiving e-mails at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every automated or subscription-based e-mailing. Unsubscribe requests can only be processed if you have registered with us in the first instance. If you have not registered with us and wish to opt out of receiving e-mails from a particular sender, please consult that sender’s opt out policies or contact that sender.
At your request, we will remove from our mailing and telemarketing call lists Personal Information that you have provided to us. You may do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be advised that deleting your Personal Information or otherwise opting-out of receipt of communications from us or third parties will only change or delete the data in our database for purposes of transacting future business on the Website and for managing future communications received from us.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Website or acceptance of our e-mails following the posting of changes to these terms will mean that you accept these changes and agree to continue receiving e-mail from us.