For Individuals

NC State Authorization & Out-of-State Grievance Process

State Authorization

U.S. Department of Education regulation 600.9(c) requires that if an institution is offering distance education in a state where it is not physically located, the institution must meet individual state requirements for offering distance education to students within that state.

MyComputerCareer (MyCC) has been approved to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA). As a result, MyCC is authorized to offer distance education to students in states and territories that participate in NC-SARA, which includes all states except California and also includes Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Complaint Process

U.S. Department of Education regulations require MyCC to provide students with contact information for filing complaints at various levels. 

MyCC administration attempts, in good faith, to resolve grievances as they arise. However, if a matter remains unresolved, the purpose of this procedure is to provide a process for resolving student complaints. This procedure applies to all student complaints, including but not limited to academic issues, student services or administrative concerns, or matters involving any form of discrimination or harassment. You can also use this procedure to submit ideas on how to make MyCC better or even submit positive feedback.

All student complaints should be communicated to the Director of Education or Program Chair. Students who have addressed their concern to the Director of Education or Program Chair and have not reached their desired outcome, or have an issue directly related to the Director of Education or Program Chair are encouraged to write a letter to Tony, founder and CEO of MyComputerCareer, by going to The student will be contacted, and an attempt will be made to resolve the complaint internally to the satisfaction of the student, within reasonable discretion. Students are encouraged to go through this internal complaint process as a first attempt to resolve any complaints.  

If you have questions about MyComputerCareer’s complaint process, please contact:

Darren L. Nelson, MBA
Executive Director of Compliance
2048 Energy Dr.
Apex, NC 27502

Students also may file a complaint at the state level or with MyComputerCareer’s accrediting agency, ACCET. Contact Information about these options is listed below. In most cases, the student is required to exhaust all complaint avenues by using the aforementioned school’s internal procedure before a complaint can be filed at the state or accrediting agency level.

NC Office of Post-Secondary Education Complaint Process

MyComputerCareer is a member of the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS). Students located in North Carolina may file a complaint with the North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints unit. First review the NC Post-Secondary Student Complaint Policy. Then print and complete the NC Post-Secondary Education Student Complaint Form and submit the complaint to:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
c/o Student Complaints
223 S. West Street, Suite 1800
Raleigh NC 27603
Telephone: 919-962-4550

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement-North Carolina (SARA-NC) Complaint Process

If an issue cannot be resolved internally, students may also file a complaint with his/her home state. Find your home state’s complaint process in the listing below. Students may also file a complaint through SARA NC. SARA North Carolina is a program of the North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority. SARA-NC Complaint Process and use the SARA-NC Complaint Form (PDF).

SARA-NC Contact Information:
Terrence R. Scarborough, M.P.A. – Director of SARA North Carolina
North Carolina State Education Assistance Authority
c/o SARA North Carolina
P.O. Box 41349
Raleigh, NC 27629
Telephone:  919-248-4667

Additional resources for students located outside North Carolina:

ACCET Student Complaint Process

MyComputerCareer is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET) to award Certificate Programs and an Associate Degree. Questions about the accreditation of MyCC to provide any complaints that have not been satisfactorily resolved through the school’s Grievance Procedures may be directed in writing to  ACCET by following the complaint procedure posted in each campus or by clicking on the following link that contains their contact information: ACCET Complaint Procedure. ACCET’s address and phone number are as follows:

1722 N Street, NW 

Washington, DC 20036 

Telephone: 202-955-1113.

Professional Licensure and Certification

MyComputerCareer does not offer courses that prepare students to sit for professional licensure or certification examinations that are required to work in North Carolina or any state.