Some of the most in-demand jobs in the IT industry are in the field of cybersecurity. Despite the high demand for the profession, many businesses, nonprofits, universities, and organizations still have trouble finding people to fill open positions in the cybersecurity field. This is one of the reasons why many people interested in considering a new career in information technology are drawn to cybersecurity.
If you are interested in starting or advancing your career in this dynamic and growing field, you should look into getting the right certification. Having the recognized and esteemed certificates on your resume help open many doors and help you start to form your new career. A little investment in IT can go a long way in building up your resume and career options. When it comes to a lucrative career path, becoming a Microsoft certified professional by completing Microsoft certification training is the place to start. In this piece, we will look at certifications training to achieve a Microsoft Technology Security Certificate.
Microsoft Technology Associate Security (MTA) Certification
The Microsoft Technology Associate Security (MTA) Certification is one of the available Microsoft’s MTA examinations. These examinations are designed to give candidates the development fundamentals, knowledge, credibility, and confidence needed to adjust to the tech world while providing certification that validates particular skillsets. The MTA Security Fundamentals certification is used to demonstrate a candidate’s proficiency in both system and network security. While certain MTA courses and certifications require candidates to have previous work experience, the MTA Security Fundamentals certification is an entry-level MTA certification training that does not require prior experience.
Why the MTA Security Certification is a Good Option
The systems we use in our everyday lives are becoming more and more interconnected. Organizations and businesses are looking to collaborate with partners, customers, and each other seamlessly. Today’s technology allows us to do this quickly and easily. In fact, as technology advances, we have access to a lot more devices that allow us to store, transfer, and process information whenever we need it. While this ability to interconnect devices and systems simplifies our lives greatly, it also opens the door to security threats. Sensitive and valuable information is on the line if our systems and devices are not properly secured. People and organizations want to make sure that their data is secure, unaltered, and accessible to a select few.
The MTA Security Fundamentals certification will get you on the career path as a Microsoft Technology Associate prepared to handle these problems. The Microsoft Associate Security certification is designed to cover topics associated with security. While the topic of security in IT is vast and complicated, the MTA certification breaks things down and lets you grasp the basics. These are the objectives of MTA Security Fundamentals Exam:
- Security layers (25-30%)
- Operating system security (35-40%)
- Network security (20-25%)
- Security software (15-20%)
What Can Candidates Expect From the Examination – Details
Getting a good idea of what the MTA examination looks like will help you mentally prepare for it when the time comes. Here are some important details that you should keep in mind about the examination.
- Number of Questions – It is difficult to say the exact amount of questions MTA examinations can have because Microsoft does not publish that information. The number of questions on the exam can change from exam to exam. Candidates should expect anywhere from 30-60 questions on the exam.
- Types of Questions – When it comes to MTA exams, the question format is multiple choice.
- Passing Score – The passing score for the MTA exam is 70. It is important to state that this does not mean that candidates are required to answer 70% of the questions correctly to pass. The percentage of correct answers varies from examination to examination and can be more or less than 70%, depending on the exam.
- Points – The good thing about the MTA exams is that there are no deductions for wrong answers. This means that candidates are free to guess in situations where they are unsure and not lose any points if they get the wrong answer. One thing to keep in mind is the number of correct answers in a question. Questions with multiple answers will state the number of answers, and candidates must choose the exact number specified if they want to get the points.
- Time Limit – Time allotted to the examination can vary from one testing center to another. Certain centers give candidates 50 mins while others can give them 80 mins.
Possible Employment Opportunities with the MTA Security Fundamentals Certification
The entry-level MTA certifications, such as the Security Fundamentals, are the perfect way to help you build a foundation as an IT career. Certified professionals can go on to be:
- Database Administrator
- IT Security Specialist
- Helpdesk Technician
- Mobile Application Developer
- Network Architect
- IT Project Manager
- Network Administrator
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Video Game Designer
What is the Earning Potential of MTA Security Professionals?
People that only have an MTA Security Certificate are expected to make an average salary of $56,000 per year. This is a starting point for a career that can turn out to be incredibly lucrative. If candidates take the time to complete the right course and certification training, they stand to increase their earning potential significantly.
Microsoft certifications are considered by many to be great assets in the IT industry. This is one of the reasons why both beginners and professionals turn to Microsoft certificates. When it comes to the MTA Security Fundamentals, certification can increase candidates job opportunities, advancement opportunities, and even earning potential. This is what makes them fundamental assets for professionals looking to build up an IT career.
When it comes to switching careers and trying your luck in the IT industry, it is best to work on yourself first. The best way to do this is by taking the best certification classes and getting the right technical training, so you pass the certification exam. Candidates interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity should definitely look into the MTA Security fundamentals certification. MyComputerCareer offers systematic programs and an MTA course that will prepare candidates for the certifications they need to jump-start their IT careers. Ask us about our MTA certification training course that ensures you fully grasp the technical concept and networking fundamentals that will help you pass the certification exam and begin your career in technology.