Maybe you’ve always wanted to pursue a career in Information Technology (IT). Maybe you just started on your path to a wealth of technology expertise. Either way, the IT industry is full of opportunities for technology enthusiasts — young, old and everything in between — and what better place to start than My Computer Career?
As with any sector of the corporate world, there are some positions that are harder for employers to fill than others. They look for the perfect fit and won’t stop until they find it. Want to find out which high-demand role your personality matches?
Take our quiz to find out!
Which In-Demand IT Career is Right for You?
Choose the set of adjectives that best describes yourself:
- Independent, hardworking, practical (Network Engineer, NE)
- Outgoing, organized, resourceful (IT Project Manager, PM)
- Detail-oriented, inquisitive, persistent (Network Engineer, Tech Support Specialist, TS)
Which statement best describes your comfort level with delegating tasks to others?
- I find delegating helpful, I can’t be in charge of everything. (PM)
- Nope, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. (NE)
- I don’t love to do it, but I can if the task I’m assigning is simple. (TS)
What kind of workspace helps you function best?
- I don’t really need a defined workspace, I can concentrate anywhere. (TS, NE)
- Neat and orderly. I like my desk and space to be clutter-free. (PM)
- I can’t even see my desk under all the stuff I throw on it. (NE)
How much do you like to collaborate with others at work?
- No, thanks. I work best alone. (NE)
- Some interaction and collaboration doesn’t bother me. (TS)
- I love for everyone to contribute! Two heads are better than one. (PM)
Do you aspire to positions of leadership?
- Yes, things run smoothly when I’m in charge. (PM, TS)
- I can rise to the occasion but I don’t seek it out. (TS)
- No, I’m happier just being a contributor. (NE)
What’s your problem solving style?
- Idealist: You welcome many perspectives and seek others input to come up with the “ideal” solution. (PM)
- Activist: You look for the quickest way to solve the problem. (TS)
- Realist: You only accept factual opinions and look for data or evidence to prove that a certain solution is the best one. (NE)
How well do you work under pressure?
- Bring it on; I can handle it. (PM, NE)
- I prefer not to feel rushed or stressed at all. (TS, PM)
- Some pressure keeps me motivated and on track. (TS)
Choose a skill category that you feel you are most proficient in:
- Communication (PM)
- Critical Thinking (NE)
- Time Management (PM, TS)
Your IT Industry Quiz Results
IT Project Manager
You already know you’re a technical thinker, and you know you’ll fit right in with the IT industry. This confidence spills into other areas of your professional persona too. Your attention to detail and ability to get along with others will help you succeed as you oversee your project and team from beginning to end.
Tech Support Specialist
You work well under pressure. And though you don’t require others to do your job well, you’re open to collaboration. This ability to adapt and expand will help you as you embark on a career path that has opportunities to move in all kinds of directions. Oh, and your level head will help you stay calm when clients are a little tough to manage.
You are a little reserved and prefer to do things your own way. And you can usually get away with it because your technical skills are off the chain! You’ll be ready to configure any network and anticipate all the problems before they arise, and you don’t need a team of people to help you do it. Just make sure to stay up-to-date on all things cloud-based.
Now that you have your results, check out My Computer Career, the quickest route to your dream technology job. We have campuses in Texas, North Carolina, Ohio, and Indianapolis, plus a successful online program, if you’re out of the range of our physical campuses.
Contact us so one of our Career Advisors can answer any questions you have and get you started on the path to IT success.
Want to see more? Or are you looking for I.T. certifications like Comptia A+, CompTIA Net+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Server+, CCNA, CCENT, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CEH and others? Come on over and check us out!