Honoring Our Service Men and Women
Military service is in the DNA of MyComputerCareer. Many of our staff and students are Veterans, and our Founder and CEO Tony Galati is the son of a Korean War veteran. When Tony’s father, Leonard, fell ill on a business trip overseas, the Marine Corps picked up the tab to fly Leonard home and get him back to his family on U.S. soil. “Once a Marine, always a Marine,” they said. We couldn’t agree more.
We consider it an honor to serve those who have served. From offering fast and flexible skills-based training to proudly accepting the GI Bill® and VA funding, we actively pursue ways to show our support. Hundreds of veteran alumni can testify to the effectiveness of our program as a career vehicle for transitioning service members; whether directly out of the service, or in a career change later in life.
Our commitment to help veterans transition to civilian life is just the start of our support for the military. MyComputerCareer is involved in several other support projects focused on the military community.
MyComputerCareer is the proud sponsor of the #76 POW-MIA Freedom Car in partnership with Team Johnson Motorsports. The Freedom Car helps raise awareness for America’s Prisoners of War and those still Missing in Action. Our goal is to make sure Americans never forget the service members that have yet to be brought home. Reaching out to an audience of 75 Million motorsports fans, Team Johnson, the Freedom Car drivers, and MyComputerCareer hope to inspire and educate others about this important initiative.
MyComputerCareer actively and continuously provides support for a variety of military programs both locally and nationally. Our efforts include:
- Proudly fly the American and POW*MIA flags on each of our campuses
- Partnered with Military Missions in Action (MMIA) to prepare 1,000 care packages in 2016 for active duty military personnel
- Co-Sponsored MMIA’s 2016 Veteran’s Day golf tournament benefitting NC veterans
- Encourage our employees to participate in other pro-military service projects by providing one day of paid leave each year specifically to be dedicated to community service
- Received an honorary flag flown on a B-52 in support of Operation Inherent Resolve from the 20th Expeditionary Bomb Squadron stationed at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar
We look forward to finding new ways to serve our Veterans who have given so much in service to our country. If you or your organization is interested in receiving our support, please contact our Military Program Team.