Anxiety among adults is more common than you may think, and if you’re one of those individuals who suffers from anxiety in a classroom (or any learning setting), going back to school may seem like an impossibility. It’s frustrating for individuals who need new certifications or degrees in order to achieve their career goals.
But there are some ways to cope that may help you get a handle on your anxiety and even allow you to consider furthering your education to pursue a career change. Read on for a collection of tips from MyComputerCareer on how to manage anxiety and remain calm when you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed.
Managing Anxiety Made Easier With MyComputerCareer
Feeling stressed or overwhelmed in the classroom or while trying to study? Try some of the following suggestions to remain calm and cope with your anxiety:
- Take (plenty of) breaks: Go get a snack, do some yoga poses between chapters, or just go for a walk when you need to get away from the books.
- Set a bedtime: Not only does this keep you from pulling unhealthy and unproductive all-nighters, it ensures you will get more sleep (and be a more efficient learner the next day).
- Make exercise a priority: Staying active and fit will help you feel better and give you more energy. A jog can even work as a study break.
- Take deep breaths: Inhale and exhale slowly when you are feeling stressed.
- Laugh it up: With a friend (or a study buddy). Even smiling at a silly YouTube video can help diffuse your anxiety.
- Talk to someone: Like your instructors at MyComputerCareer who can help you devise a study plan that works for you and minimizes anxiety.
Test-Pass Assistance at MyComputerCareer
You should use the tips above to help cope with your learning anxiety, but the Test-Pass Assistance at MyComputerCareer can provide further peace of mind. Unlimited 1-on-1 tutoring is available for MCC students to ensure success.
We feel comfortable giving our students Test-Pass Assistance, because we know they will get all of the skills they need and more for a career in the IT industry at MCC. Move confidently towards your dream job by getting your training at MyComputerCareer. It all starts by taking our Free Career Evaluation online now. We look forward to working with you.